Abdominal exercises post partum
What is the importance of abdominal strength post partum?
- Your abdominal muscles become stretched and/or weak during pregnant
- Strong abdominals help you support your spine, preventing back pain, bracing yourself in all positions especially lifting.
- Pelvic floor and abdominal muscles work together to prevent incontinence (leakage of urine/feces) and also constipation.
- Breathing, coughing, sneezing and also bowel movements are aided by the abdominal muscles. So all you mommies think about getting these abdominal muscles strong again, however, do not start with crunches and push-ups without consulting with a healthcare professional.
- Doing your exercises incorrectly can result in the separation of the abdominals or cause more pain.